So what are you looking for?
- Reciprocity – if you do something good for me, I’m more likely to do something good for you. Think anything given to you for free.
- Commitment and Consistency – if I make a commitment (to buy something) I’m more likely to honor it (even if conditions change) than if I didn’t make a commitment
- Social Proof – if I see other people do it, I’m more likely to do it
- Authority – if the person is an authority figure, I am more likely to do what they say
- Liking – if you like the person, you are more likely to buy from them
- Scarcity – if you think this is the last one, you’re more likely to want it. (Limited time, limited number, special price only for you)
What influence patterns have you seen? How did you decide what to do?