Monday, August 15, 2011

Stanford Photo Walk with Stuck in Customs and Google

On Thursday evening last week I managed to get out of work early enough to participate in the Stanford Photo Walk led by Trey Ratcliffe of Stuck in Customs fame and a number of coaches and sponsored by Google.

I've always wanted to spend some quality time on the Stanford campus taking pictures but I never scheduled it in.  This gave me a perfect reason to do so and a former Stanford student had taken care of designing a walking route. He even took us off road to see Stone River, an Andy Goldsworthy sculpture I would have never found on my own or with a map. Unfortunately, the light wasn't that great so my photo didn't turn out. After a weekend of processing I have a few that turned out though.

Here are a few HDR photos from that walk.

Stanford is full of oak trees and the late afternoon sun was gorgeous shining through them.


A little later on we hit the Rodin Sculpture Garden outside the Cantor Arts Center (where else would it be).


Here's the Student Union after dusk.

I have a few more to process and post.  More later.

No comments: