Friday, July 22, 2011

Creative Journey in 5 Easy Photo Apps

Recently, over the course of 2 days, I was fascinated by the transformative power of the creative process unfolding over time in my photographs.

1. The Hipstamatic iPhone app with Lucifer VI lens and Alfred Infrared film gives regular asphalt an eerie red glow. Just imagine if all our roads were red instead of black.  Totally different feeling.


2. Then I used Percolator, another iPhone photo app, to get a champagne bubbles effect that added a sense of drama and comic story feel:


3. Then I did this with a few other road signs and thought they would look good together.  Originally I was thinking diptic but Diptic didn't have the right proportions for 2 so I tried Frametastic because they had a well proportioned template for 4:


4. Then just to see what would happen I took it through Instagram:


5. Then I wondered what I could add in Filterstorm. Turns out it has a very hand text tool with the copyright symbol built in:


Personally, my favorite is step 3.

No comments: