Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011 Super Bowl A Cultural Event

I don't watch much football, except accidentally at restaurants at the bar.  Sounds bad but a lot of times I can get seated much faster if I eat at the bar and I don't mind not having a table. So it works out for both faster food and I get an education of sorts. I learned about Peyton Manning and his fast change the plan quarterbacking style this way as well as the 2 point conversion play through the Oregon Ducks game. That's just for starters.

The only down side is the screens are usually rather small. So when lovely friends of ours invited us over to watch the Super Bowl on their 44" plasma screen tv I decided why not. I'd picked up a few tidbits. This would be a further step into an alternative culture.

My learning paid off.  Guess who exercised and executed a 2 point conversion play during the Super Bowl? The Pittsburg Steelers!!! And guess who told them they should? Me:) Plus their coach:)

Rashard Mendenhall, RB Steelers, impressed me with his ability to wriggle through clogged spaces.  Aaron Rodgers, QB Packers, seemed a bit impatient and impetuous but he was able to execute to his imperiousness and the MVP award recognized him for it. Forcing 3 turnovers, it looks like the Green Bay Packers defense deserves the most kudos.

While I can't see myself converting wholeheartedly to football culture, I did yell, "Where's the defense?!" and earned the robust ribbing of "You go tell 'em Tiny"...so I at least made credible strides.

No comments: