Friday, January 7, 2011

Will Shoot Barns for Friends


Barn #1
Originally uploaded by Jennifer Hartnett-Henderson
My friend Carol loves photographs of barns so I have begun a San Francisco Bay Area barn hunt. They can be anywhere really. I just have to be able to get there to take a picture.

This one is near Sky Londa, California off Highway 84 and is owned by the Mid Peninsula Open Space Preserve. It is creatively known as The Red Barn.

I've dubbed my project 31 Barns and my hope is to find and photograph 31 barns for Carol, one for every day of the month.

If I were sitting in the median at an intersection holding a sign, it would say, "Will Shoot Barns for Friends" It's great to be able to put my skills to good use.

2 comments:

Andi said...

What a great project! I love the photo and barns have so much character. Unfortunately it seems harder and harder to find them so I am looking forward to seeing all the ones you find!

Jennifer said...

Andi! Thank you for stopping by. As you point out, the hunt for barns is going to be half the fun. More up soon!