Saturday, December 11, 2010

Regrets

Last night I watched the Bones episode the Doctor in the Photo and Brennan's regret over not having accepted Booth's overtures got me thinking.

What would I regret in the future if I didn't do it and became unable to do it?

  • If I became physically disabled I would regret not having run more.
  • If I became poor I would regret not having enjoyed my current state more.
  • If I became blind I would regret not having taken more pictures.
  • If I lost my husband, I would regret not having enjoyed him more.
  • When my parents pass away, I would regret not having told them I love them more.

The list goes on but you get the idea.  The remedy for each of these is enjoying where I am more and more fully. This flies in the face of the statement, "I'll be happy when....."

Let's be happy now.

No comments: