Sunday, September 5, 2010

Insolubles

Intractable seemingly insoluble problems are like a window painted shut, only the most precise of pressure will release the long solid seal without shattering the clear glass.

I can make my own list of barely tolerated insolubles. You too, I'm guessing.

Yet these problems have a shiny side.  They drive me to God. "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." goes the song while Isaiah 40:31 says, "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

One piece of worldly advice I've absorbed is, "Do something, anything and change will follow."  Quite often, that something is pray. Pray for direction, for wisdom, for a spirit of endurance, joy and unity. The thing that changes in my insoluble problem may be my heart, my outlook.

I'm only beginning to understand in my finger bones how a journal is different from a written prayer, yet the 2 are like inseparable friends, walking hand in hand down the road. In my journal I recognize the sources of my discomfort and joy, the seemingly insoluble stuck shut areas. In my prayer I open them to the care of God and I take in and praise Him for His detailed care for me.

No comments: