Monday, June 21, 2010

Still in Need of a Saviour

I had an awful day yesterday (the Father's Day part was great) going round and round with computer problems. I was not a good Christian or a good witness. If I had been a child I would have rolled around on the floor kicking and screaming.  As it was, I'm an adult so after being rude and impatient, I merely flopped myself on the bed, had a good cry followed by a nap.

I can hear the accusation in my head, "You Christians are supposed to be really good people but you're all a bunch of hypocrites, telling us how we should be but  not able to be that yourself."

So true.  I came to Jesus needing forgiveness and I didn't stop needing him just cause I found him. I wish I was better because I hate to apologize.  Humbling myself to say "I was wrong, please forgive me" is just no fun, though I must say, the resulting healing is incredible.

I'm still in need of a Saviour and still in need of divine power to be more than I'm capable of being. Doesn't mean I'm not responsible to try.  Doesn't mean to stay like I am.  Just means I need help!

The next time I hear that accusation "Why aren't you better?" I'm going to say, "Because I'm still in need of a saviour."

No comments: