While unclogging my bathroom drain this morning, a task I am becoming more practiced at, almost smooth, but still don't like, I had a chance to think on the advantages of being my own plumber:
1. I don't have to wait at home in a 4 hour window for the the plumber's arrival
2. I can do the maintenance when I have the time and inclination
3. The plumber doesn't sanitize the area when he/she is finished. I do.
4. I get to keep my money though it may smell bad while I'm keeping it.
5. I can actually clean the interior of the exposed pipes so they smell better for at least awhile.
Well, off to brush my teeth in a sparkling aromatic sink!