Sunday, February 7, 2010

Up and to the Right


Up and to the Right
Originally uploaded by thyme2003
Up and to the right.....I was aiming for that feeling of going up a "hill", metaphoric or real, your whole field of vision filled with what's in front of you, your focus narrowing to the spot at the top when you can ease up.

Transitions are like that.  You hope for a change, you wait and work for it for a loooong time, then it finally happens.  What's been written about the back side of that hill?

What happens if it's another hill? I read somewhere that people in prisons and camps do best if they maintain hope that they will get out but don't set a specific date by which this will happen. That means there is no top of the hill in sight necessarily.

Proverbs 13:12 says "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

My hope cannot be in when I reach the top. But in who will be with me on the road through tops and bottoms.

No comments: