Wednesday, January 20, 2010

White Kitty


White Kitty
Originally uploaded by thyme2003
My grandmother used to buy me stuffed white toy cats at Stuckey's and Nickerson Farms on her road trips down to visit us. I even had one with a bell in its tail when I went off to college.

I don't remember now where I found this one but all these years later I still have a white stuffed toy kitty.

And 10 years ago, I finally got a real white kitty who keeps me great company. When she was little and I was at home more, she would drape herself across my shoulders and over my neck and nap while I worked on the computer. Now, when I work on the computer, she's usually near on her Cosmic Catnip Scratching Mat.

Here's to white kitties, both stuffed and real:)

5 comments:

gbaugh said...

Beautiful. I heard somewhere that white cats deaf, is that true?
Gerardine
http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

Jennifer said...

Gerardine, I whistle at her and talk to her all the time and she hears just fine. She does turn a deaf ear when I'm telling her to get off the table however. Selective hearing perhaps:)

Molly Sabourin said...

My kids are dying to get a kitten! One that cute would be awfully hard to resist!

jingle said...

soooooooo innocent kitten,
I fall for her instantly...

beautiful post.
cheers, ;)

rammi said...

White kitties are the cutest!
I think even my tortoiseshell would have agreed.