- Truck Stop Deluxe Steak (Mustard’s, p 87) This has both a double marinade - one in salt and one in a concoction for a total of 6 hours - AND a sauce. Made this one for dinner tonight and it's pretty good. Makes me want to taste the original dish at Mustard's restaurant in Napa Valley.
- Mustard’s Mashed Potatoes (Mustard’s, p 178) Needs more salt.
- Caesar Salad (Salads: Food Writer’s Faves, p 22) This is the 3rd time making this one and I think I've finally got it right. The homemade garlic croutons are essential to the overall flavor as is making sure you don't squeeze too much lemon juice on and that you don't forget to add the parmesan.
- Kefta Kebab (Arabesque, p 99)
- Warm Lentil Salad (Simple to Spectacular, p 161)
- Haricots Verts a la Maitre d’Hotel (Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol 1, p 444)
- Steak with butter and Ginger Sauce (Simple to Spectacular, p 275)
- Haricots Verts a l’Anglaise (Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol 1, p 444)
- Rum Baba Cups (thanks to a Christmas gift of baba cups, recipe to be found)