Saturday, January 30, 2010

Create Your Own Running Program Part 2


On the Move
Originally uploaded by thyme2003
Awhile ago I posted on how to create your own running program. I've been following mine for 4 weeks now and have noticed that there are three definite advantages:

1. I don't feel like I have to impress anyone like a coach or a friend (so I'm less inclined to overdo it.)
2. I understand why I need to run a certain pace, say threshold pace, for a certain distance on a given week (so I'm less inclined to rebel.)
3. I can actually work out less or less hard because the training plan is efficient, each activity with a specific purpose (so I don't have to run hard all the time).

For a long time designing my own running program felt too hard to wrap my mind around but now that I've done it I feel much more empowered and committed to my training as a result.

No comments: