Sunday, December 6, 2009

Menu Report!

I owe some updates on recipes!

From this week's menu I've made PW's Comfort Meatballs twice.  I use half the sugar.  They are extremely comforting - I think it's the ketchup.  PW's Fried Chicken recipe is divine.  Tonight I cooked that the second time and marveled once again at the brilliance of finishing the bird off in the oven to keep the fried outside from burning.  Love the seasoning which includes one of my Father's favorite ingredients....Lawry's seasoning salt.

You already know about the fun I had with PW's Cinnamon Rolls.  Not being able to handle much sugar, next time I would 3x the cinnamon, 1/2 the sugar and 1/2 the frosting.  That's the hypoglycemic version:)

Happy cooking!

2 comments:

richard said...

Why triple the cinnamon?

(a) you really, really like cinnamon
(b) the cinnamon was barely noticeable the first time
(c) you always have to increas the cinnamon when you decrease the sugar.

My mother always baked with half the sugar and never made icing (except for special occaisons, like birthday cakes - and then it was just whipped cream).

Jennifer said...

Richard, let's see...how about a)AND b) and I'm not sure about c. I like the idea of whipped cream instead of icing. Way more yummy! Thanks for your fun comment!