Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Make December the Best Month

December is often a month of fear, guilt and procrastination, welcomed with equal amounts trepidation and joy.  More of it can be joy if we just have a plan.  Thanks to The One Minute Writer for the idea, here's my plan for making December the month I want it to be:

  • Crazy maybe, but I'm going to participate in NaBloPoMo - if that confuses you, don't worry.  It has taken me a year to make the plunge.  It stands for National Blog Posting Month.  It means that you commit to post every day for a month.  Why December?  Well, I thought things could be busier:)
  • Ask people what they want for Christmas and get them that.  I don't have the gene that enables me to select the perfect gift for someone AND surprise them with it. I did read somewhere that I must not be trying hard enough.  Quite possibly but honestly, I want to get folks something that they really want.  They probably don't know what would delight them, but at least they know what they would like.  That's better than a white elephant gift.
  • I'm not waiting for New Year's resolutions. I'm going to exercise in December.  It clears my mind, my pores and a few calories and keeps things from falling, at least too far.  

What are you going to do to make December the month you want it to be?

2 comments:

richard said...

Every month is a month of procrastination for me ...

I did NaBloPoMo 2 years ago. It was a good experience. I was happy I was able to post every day. However, whether it was related to NaBloPoMo or not - I don't know, I felt a little burned out and drained. It may also just have been work.

Jennifer said...

Richard, it certainly is work. I'm only 7 days into it now and feel a bit like riding a unicycle for the first time...but I like the challenge. One month shouldn't kill me.....