Saturday, December 19, 2009

Le Menu for Week of Dec 19

I have hopes for a more moderately paced week that will allow me to cook. After a little while nestled among a stack of cookbooks, I've settled on the following:


Le Menu

Roast Chicken with Roti d’Abat (Simple to Spectacular, p 243)
Asparagus with Mushroom Cream Sauce (Simple to Spectacular, P 152)
Caesar Salad (Salads: Food Writer’s Faves, p 22)
Polenta

Kefta Kebab (Arabesque, p 99)

Couscous

Steak au Poivre (Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol 1, p 296)
Sauté de Brocoli (Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol 2, p 341)
Pommes Anna (Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol 2, p 391)

2 comments:

gerardinebaugh said...

This makes me hungry. Sounds yummy!
Gerardine Baugh

Jennifer said...

The steak au poivre and pommes anna turned out to the the best. I had to morph the chicken into chicken with butter and herbs and it didn't take the taste. Regardless, I enjoyed the journey.