Thursday, December 10, 2009

Keep Your Light On


Keep Your Light On
Originally uploaded by thyme2003
In the mornings this week, snatches of a song run through my mind:

Speak to me, speak to me, through your Word, through your spirit, through the storms of life.
Speak to me, Lord speak to me....

I feel like after several years of storms I have entered a period of blessing. I'm reminded of Matthew 6:31-34:

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

About a 21 months ago, I started praying and spending time with God every morning before I went to work. One day at a time it's hard to see what changes are happening. But almost 2 years later, looking not back but at where I am today, it's clear that the blessings that I'm experiencing today are from spending time with the Lord and in His word.

When you feel so discouraged like it's taking forever to get to the other side, keep your light on. It's there.

1 comment:

gerardinebaugh said...

Finding time to pray and meditate is the best way to start a day. It slows down the hectic pace and allows us to live in the moment. I am very happy for you.

Gerardine Baugh