Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Calculate Your Digital Brand

With all the personal branding info out there you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out in what direction to productize your name and make it into a brand. Well, it's hard enough to figure out what the goal is. To get there, you also need to know where you are right now.

What is your brand right now? Independent of what you want it to be? Well, brand is in the eyes of the beholder when it comes to Google. I found a cool gadget that measures your digital brand. It's an Online Identity Calculator. The calculator takes a look at volume and relevance and plops the results into this quadrant map:




The creators of this handy dandy scorecard are William Arruda and Kirsten Dixson, authors of Career Distinction: Stand Out By Building Your Brand. I haven't read it yet, but after running the calculator, I'm seriously considering it!


What's your digital brand right now? Where do you want to take it in 2010?

3 comments:

Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo said...

That's interesting but I would hate baring me soul to be "branded". I already know that I'm out there and a Blogger Top 10 buzz pick so I guess I am branded by them...?

ICLW and blessings for the new year!

TwinToddlersDad said...

I found your blog via ICLW.
Sounds like an interesting idea. I am sure there are other models like this out there. It would be nice to see a comparison.

A word of caution - too much planning can also be disastrous! It is better to be authentic and stay close to your main message, which hopefully you are really passionate about. The digital identity will emerge in time.

Good luck and enjoy the Holidays!

Jennifer said...

Good point TTD! Authenticity is king. Half a Duo - Congratulations on your Blogger Top 10 buzz pick!

Happy Holidays!