Tuesday, December 1, 2009

42 Daily Questions

Sunday, I posted about the practice of Daily Questions as a way to plan, manage and evaluate your day. Gerardine commented sharing her rituals and asking if I had my list of 42 DQs posted somewhere to try out. (Thanks for the idea Gerardine!) 

Here 10 from my list of Daily Questions that I use to help keep me on track and the categories that they belong to.  I have the whole list in an excel spreadsheet that I look at twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. If the answer is yes or no, the score is a 1 or 0. Some are a count and more is better.

Spiritual

  • Did I spend time alone with God seeking his face?
  • Did I invest time serving other Christians?

Relationships

  • Did I do something special for my husband today?
  • How many people did I make a positive difference for today?
  • How many compliments did I give today?

Creative Care

  • Did I make a photo today?
  • Did I make a blog entry today?

Physical

  • How many miles did I run today? (If actuals = plan, score = 1)
  • How many servings of veg did I eat? (Goal is 5, score is a count of servings)
Home
  • Did I scoop the catbox today? (I'm off to do that now!)

What Daily Questions do you use to guide your day?

2 comments:

richard said...

My daily question is probably, "What can I do to be a better person?"

Jennifer said...

Richard, that's so important and inspiring. Thanks!