Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pillar Point


Pillar Point
Originally uploaded by thyme2003

There are days I feel like this boat looks...beached, useless, on edge, left behind, forsaken, forlorn, in need of Botox, Restylane and a paint job. But somehow, what I hear right now is a melodic melange of partial verses:


  • The Lord has promised good to me...
  • I will never leave you nor forsake you...
  • I have plans to prosper you and not to harm you...
  • Plans for a hope and a future...
  • Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thou art with me...
  • The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want...
  • Surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age
  • Crowned with: He makes all things beautiful in its time ( Ecclesiastes 3:11)

When? There's a whole lot of waiting for the Lord in Psalms:

  • Wait for the Lord; be strong, take heart, wait for the Lord (Ps 27:14)
  • We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and shield (Ps 33:20)
  • Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him (Ps 37:7)
  • Wait for the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it. (Ps 37:34)
  • I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God. (Ps 38:15)
  • My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning (Ps 130:6)


Sometimes I don't think waiting any longer is possible....but I'm finding that waiting is not wasted. It builds strength and endurance, a deferral to see something greater than your own desires come to pass, a yearning that grows into clarity.

The Lord has promised good to me. I will wait.

No comments: