Monday, October 5, 2009

Le Menu

Despite or perhaps because of last week's cooking education, I decided I'm game for more. Le menu for this week (after a short break with banana bread from a box with a real banana added in):

* Ginger and Orange Chicken (Perfect Pairings 123) served with Pepperwood Viognier
* Moroccan Lamb Tagine with Raisins, Almonds & Honey (Perfect Pairings 130) served with Yalumba Viognier
* Poulet Sauté aux Herbes de Provence (Julia Child 257) served with Sofia Coppola Rosé
* Risotto (Julia Child 532)
* Pommes de Terre Sautées (Julia Child 526)
* Endives à la Flamande (Braised Belgian Endive, Julia Child 493)


The first one I have already cooked Sunday night. We enjoyed it with the FIFTH and last night of garlic mashed potatoes. The chicken was really good and will make good lunches. 


For the 2nd, I love it when I don't realize a marinade is required until I begin to cook.  Then I have to wait best case 2 hours, worst case, overnight:) This one is keeping me up late!


No comments: