Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reduce Reuse Recycle and Repurpose


Cake Pedestal Stand Top
Originally uploaded by thyme2003
You've probably heard the saying, "Reduce, reuse, recycle" to reduce wasteful ways. Well, lets add to that "repurpose"

I found this cake pedestal for cheap at Tuesday Morning and repurposed it. It's currently in my bathroom, slumming as a perfume stand.

(Lots of stands are cut glass full of sharp angles. This one has beautiful curls and fluid waves plus flowers. There was no way I was leaving that store without it.)

I got the idea from having added "charlotte mold" to my cookware wish list. It's also known as a souffle mold. I was in the kitchen and reached for a potato located right where I store them in the white bowl with 4" sides and suddenly I realized, there, staring me in the face, was a souffle mold, repurposed to hold onions, shallots and potatoes to keep them from rolling all over the place. I had just forgotten, or never known it was pulling a double duty.

Now , if I need a cake stand, I know where to find it. In my bathroom, also doing double duty:)

No comments: