Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thank Filled Thursdays

On Day 6 of the 31 Day Build a Better Blog Challenge, Maki from Dosh Dosh encouraged bloggers to think not just like a writer but also an editor-in-chief, someone responsible for the "editorial calendar" of the blog.  As a result, I'm starting a regular post called "Thank Filled Thursdays".  For over a year now, every day when I wake up I make a list of at least 5 things I'm grateful for.  It gets my attention focused on the right things - what I have instead of what I don't have. 
 I got this practice from Tommy Newberry over at Secret to a Joy Filled Life from reading his book The 4:8 Principle and have written about it before.

Phillipians 4:8 says: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Here's my list for today of what I'm thankful for:
1. For a job in this economy
2. For growing clarify about how I'm uniquely made and how I can use that to make a distinctive contribution at work
3. For warm weather (over 90) and time to be outside in it
4. That my Lord is a God who sees me, loves me and has plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans for a hope and a future.
5. For time to visit family later this summer
.....
6.  For flowers....and seeds

On Day 6 Liz Strauss advises that one of the top 10 reasons readers don't leave comments on blogs is because you ask a giant general question.  I hope it's not too giant or too general to ask, What things are you thankful for this week on Thank Filled Thursday?

Have a great day!




No comments: