Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 5 of 31 DBBB Challenge - Email a Blog Reader

Day 5's task consists of reaching out to a blog reader (who has left a comment so you have their e-mail address) and e-mail them!

I can thankfully say that I already do this but it has been because I already know some of my blog readers through the flat world.  This task encouraged me to reach out more fully to people whom I know through the blogosphere. Beyond leaving a comment in conversation, this is a next level of engagement.  It says, "Hi, I know you and value you enough to make an individual effort that only you will see."

Being on the receiving end made me appreciate this task all the more.  I'm like, "Wow, they took the time to send me a really engaging fresh e-mail!" Imagine the impact if we all did that every day in every way to everyone!

I definitely plan to adopt this practice.


No comments: