Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 2 of BBB Challenge - The List Post

As Andi from Misadventures with Andi graciously pointed out in the comments to yesterday's post, technically, I've already done this on day 1. As a result, I truly considered skipping a day, but I couldn't miss an opportunity to to turn you on to another blogger.

Every day I begin the day with a list of at least 5 things I'm thankful for.  It gets my attention focused on the right things - what I have instead of what I don't have.  I got this practice about a year ago from Tommy Newberry over at Secret to a Joy Filled Life from reading his book The 4:8 Principle.  His blog posts remind me to stay on the bright side.

The list can be anything from the sublime to the mundane, from the surreal to the too real.  

Today, I'm thankful for:

1.  A good night of sleep!
2.  A job and that it's going well.
3.  My husband who loves me and tells me often
4.  A home to come home to and wake up in
5.  Great girlfriends!

(And sometimes I get carried away and keep going:)

6.  That we're both healthy
7.  For a good church
8.  A great workout last night - 2 hours!
9.  The birds singing in the dark hours of morning
10. Being able to pack my lunch
11. For a standing desk at work
12.  And always, for flowers:)

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

this is a fabulous list - It's a great reminder to look at our lives to see what we can be thankful for. When I stop to think about this, I always assume it will be a short list, and soon it just keeps growing. There's so much to be thankful for in life, often that can't be purchased (great girlfriends, a good night's sleep...etc).

Fantastic reminder, thank you for this :)